Saturday, January 14, 2006

Roxanna Fitzgerald Cogswell
(Jan 28th, 1925- Jan 13th, 2005)



My grandmother died last night. When my mom called this morning I knew something was wrong.


In fact even though the COD was a heart attack, I think my grandmother knew when it was going to happen.....

I received a thank you card from her last week. Don't get me wrong she always talked about how old she was but, we never took her seriously. In the card she mentioned how "at least she saw Christmas". She didn't see her birthday though....

I believe there is a silver lining to everything. The silver lining to this is that my Mom and grandmother were talking to each other. They had an argument over twenty years ago that tore them apart but, in the last year or so they patched things up. I am happy for that. I know my Mom is sad right now but, she would be really upset if they were still arguing.

Goodbye Grandma....

No comments: