Monday, September 08, 2008

"Jay Sycip joins Chris King
By BikeRadar

Jay Sycip. (King Cycle Group)

Jay SyCip has joined King Cycle Group and will work as a Product Manager for Chris King Precision Components and Cielo Cycles in Portland, Oregon. Jay comes to King after 17 years at SyCip Designs in Santa Rosa, California where, along with his brother and business partner Jeremy, he became a fixture in the modern frame-building community. Noted for his creative design style and elegant fabrications, Jay is a graduate of the Art Center of Pasadena.

"We are thrilled to bring Jay onto our team," said Diane Chalmers, Vice President of Operations for Chris King Precision Components. "He's a respected builder and a person we have always enjoyed. He's a great fit for this company. Plus, I hear he's a good cook. Perfect timing for the opening of our new cafe later this year, wouldn't you say?"

Jay adds: "I've worked only for myself since I left school but couldn't dream of a better place to go to work than Chris King. I really can't believe it even now. It's an incredible feeling to join this company and to bring my family to Portland. And what better time to move to Portland than at the start of the cyclo-cross season? I'm very excited to be here.

"Working with Jeremy and building the SyCip brand from scratch was a dream come true," he said. "With SyCip thriving and all the resources in place for the company's future success, my brother and I felt it was an opportune time for him to take the reins from this point forward. I can assure everyone that SyCip will continue to offer top notch custom bicycles. My family and I are really excited to have made the move north.

"Portland is not just the city my wife is from but its also a great place to raise our boys - not to mention having one of the best bike and food cultures around. All that tied in with this very special opportunity to be a part of the team at Chris King is a once in a lifetime chance."

While Jay has a new number and e-mail address, he will be unavailable during the day for a number of weeks as his training will take him through the full range of jobs at King. Just as each new employee does, Jay will spend his first week in the Assembly Department and work through a range of customer service jobs over the course of a few weeks. Finally, Jay will spend several more weeks on the production floor learning the production processes prior to beginning his work with OEMs, builders, and retailers.

For more information, visit www.chrisking.com.

No comments: